Observations by a console player on the PC version of Bad Company 2:
- Vietnam looks gorgeous. It’s a very different game, maps are so varied. Can’t wait to play them with my console friends.
- Voice chat? What’s that. The in-game chat is so broken people use external servers. Useless when playing with randoms.
- Guess what? Playing with a team of wookies is just as much fun (not) as it is on consoles.
- There’s no skill matching like there is on consoles. Getting into a server where you’re matched up evenly is pot luck. There is some sort of mechanism to even out the teams but you can still have skilled and noob players on each team.
- Learning to use the mouse and keyboard instead of a controller is like going from QWERTY to Dvorak. Yes, it’s that painful. At this stage using a controller is second nature and instinctive (except for grenades/melee!) but it will obviously take a while to get there with PC controls again. It’s been over a decade since I used these controls on a regular basis.