So, apparently this is the first demo by this developer and it’s amazing. Hell of a fire effect.
I discovered this while testing the SD2IEC on my C64. Assembly64 has a “One File Top 200” directory that I was working on because the disk images have characters the filebrowser has trouble with. This small bit of bash shell script will sanitise it before viewing on a C64:
for i in * do mv -v "$i" "
echo $i|cut -c13-|tr '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'|
tr -cd ' a-z0-9'" done
It changes the filenames to lowercase and then removes anything but a-z, 0-9 and space and also cuts out the first 13 characters . There are still a few shortened filenames but it looks much better now.
Edit on July 8th, 2019: The SD2IEC is slow when there are lots of files in a directory, plus the directory contained other directories so I decided to move everything into directories named after the first letter of each directory with this code:
for i in * do new_dir=
echo "$i"|cut -b 1mkdir -p ../1/$new_dir cp -v "$i"/* ../1/$new_dir/ done
Everything’s in sub directories of a new directory called “1”. There are multiple demos in each directory but not enough that it’s too slow. 🙂