I need testers. Several people answered my call on Twitter last week to help test WP Super Cache. Here’s your chance!
Grab the development version and install it in your plugins folder as normal. Some of the new features and bugfixes to look out for:
- If your cache files aren’t being deleted add “$wp_cache_shutdown_gc = 1;” to the config file, wp-content/wp-cache-config.php. The plugin will do garbage collection at the end of page load instead of using WP Cron. It’ll only fire off as often as before.
- Empty supercache directories won’t be created now.
- Bad Behaviour supported is added. Just enable the plugin at the bottom of the admin page.
- If you’re getting an error “Call to a member function get() on a non-object in .. cache.php” that should be fixed.
- Incorrect supercache mod_rewrite rules were generated if your blog was installed in a sub directory and they’re fixed now as well but you’ll have to delete the old rules.
If all goes well, WP Super Cache 0.9.1 will be released before the end of the week!