Want to fly 9 harriers in the air at one time in Modern Warfare 2? This glitch will apparently let you do that. Crazy. (via)
1. Equip the following load out (must be the same)
M16 + Holographic sight – not really needed but some weapons it doesn’t work – M16 is confirmed.
*Killstreaks* Just make sure you’ve equipped the Care package – doesn’t matter about 2 and 3.
2. Run around and kill 4 people until you’ve got the care package.
3. First quip the care package then in the following order: Equip the Tactical Insertion, just before it light animation (as it catches) press LB followed by Y then hold the right trigger.
4. The rocket will fire and you’ll hear the harrier sound notification, select the harrier and place it on the map – as you’ve placing it on the map hold the DPAD right button.
5. Once you’ve called in the harrier if you’ve kept the DPAD right held down you’ll hear the harrier sound notification again – repeat step 4 over and over again until you’ve got 9 harriers in the air.
6. To repeat after all 9 harriers have left go back to step 2.
The author of the glitch contacted Infinity Ward in January but they ignored him. Nasty glitch.
0 thoughts on “Modern Warfare 2 Harrier Glitch”
I wonder if that actually works, or if it’s a “joke” solution. Back in the day when I was active on the forums we would always get people asking: “Hey, how do I get under the map?” to which the reply would normally go along the lines of: “You need the panzerschreck, go to the first floor of the building and while pointing at the ground jump off, then just before you hit the floor you need to fire and press jump. If you time it right you’ll be under the map….”
After a while the reply would come back: “Hey, thanks for the tips, but I can’t seem to get it right, I just keep dying. What am I doing wrong?” and the response was always the same: “You just need to keep trying, the timing has to be exact”.
As such, I’m dubious of any “glitch” that involves a rocket launcher.
It could be fake but wouldn’t it be ridiculous to see it in action? During the last care package glitching I almost always used cold blooded because it got so bad.
Now I don’t really care about the game! 🙂
Bah humbug – This probably explains why I’ve been having so many bad matches of late.
Damn them all..
@David OMG you mean people actually went away and tried doing it…hahah that’s sooooo funny!
Yup. It was before YouTube so you could mess with the wannabe glitchers/cheaters all day long. There were some crazy pranks going about, especially “secret unlocks” and hidden areas……they usually involved either jumping off something really high, or the use of rocket launcers/grenades at close range. “Hey, buddy. It sounds like you’re doing it right…. I’ll join your game just to see what you’re doing wrong….” lolzzorzzzzz. I’d say that it’s not a nice thing to do…….but, you know – cheats and all that, meh!
this could be very useful, granted knowing me the four kills will be the hard part. Cheers!