what do you call people on Twitter? Twitterer?
Replies came thick and fast:
- @smccarron Twits ?
- @mcawilliams tweeter!
- @PixieVonDust a twitizen
- @X111 Well, seeing as the messages are called tweets, twats for the twitterers? 😉
- @iephp twits 🙂
- @johnpeavoy tweeple / tweople?
- @johnpeavoy Twits?
- @rrhobbs tweeple?
- @Storagezilla – Twitheads.
- @janbrasna possibly “tweeps”?
- @andrea_r people on twitter are tweeple. 😀
- @Branedy A Twit? A Tweet? Verbose?
- @keithbohanna People on Twitter. Twits
I still don’t know, so I went with what I originally thought, “Tweeters”.
The Twitter Stats are generated from data I’ve collected since July 29th using my Tweet Tweet plugin for WordPress. It’s collected almost 100,000 tweets since that date. The stats are fairly basic, and they’re cached (individually) by memcached and the page itself is cached by WP Super Cache which is a good thing because it takes several seconds to generate! So far, the stats presented are:
- Top 30 Twitterers
- Top 30 Twitterers who repeat themselves
- Top 30 friendliest Twitterers
- Top 30 Twitterers who talk to me
For more interesting stats, check Tweetrush. (It’s down right now, but I presume @ajmckee and the lads are working on it and will have it running in no time at all!)