Justin tagged me for the latest blog meme. Link to Irish charities to improve their pagerank. Looking through the list I see a lot of non-Irish charities and foundations, but I guess they all do good work.
The list of charities so far is:
- MS Society Ireland
- Irish Red Cross
- Cancer.ie – Irish Cancer Society
- Irish Hospice Foundation – Hospice and palliative care in Ireland
- Barnardos – Ireland’s leading children’s charity
- The Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity – Polish Charity
- CPR For Schools Across Poland – CPRTraining
- Program of Insulin Pumps in Diabetic Children Therapy – Insulin Pumps For Children
- Non-invasive Neonatal Breathing Support – Infant Flow
- Program of Universal Neonatal Hearing Screenings – Neonatal Hearing
- American Red Cross – disaster relief
- Raleigh Rescue Mission – homeless raleigh
- Samaritan’s Purse – emergency relief programs
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital – cancer research
- Medecins Sans Frontieres / Doctors Without Borders – Humanitarian Relief
- American Red Cross – Emergency Preparedness
- AMREF – African Medical & Research Foundation – African Health Development
- DOROT – Programs for Elderly
- Feed the Children – Protect Children
- Service International – Disaster Relief
- Pujols Family Foundation – Children with Down Syndrome
- National Alliance to End Homelessness – Homelessness
- The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research – Parkinson’s Research
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile Program – Child Healthcare
- Aids Research Alliance – Aids Research
- Wildlife Conservation Society – Wildlife Protection
- Cancer Research Institute – Cancer Research
- Second Harvest – End Hunger
- AARP Foundation – Helping Senior Citizens
- Bubblegum Club – Children In Crisis
- Autism NI – Autism Northern Ireland
- Adoption Ireland – Irish Adoption Charity
- Ireland Funds – Peace and Reconciliation In Ireland
- Dublin Simon Community – Combating Homelessness in Dublin
- To Russia with Love
- Debra Ireland
- Focus Ireland
I’ve added a link to the ISPCC above. Seems like the obvious choice given that my brother has gone to Africa to raise funds for them, it’s the least I could do!
Who will I pass it on to? Ken, Mel and Donal can carry the baton now.
There’s another thing to consider now that this list of links is doing the rounds on Irish blogs. Google is fairly smart. They may very well spot the same text and links, and penalise sites. I don’t know for sure, but they do discount “link exchange programs” so it’s highly likely they’ll notice this meme too.
They may also discount links if many links are seen with the same anchor text. Does this happen if you link with the name of the charity and that name is in the page title or domain? I don’t know, but there be smart boys and girls working at Google!
3 thoughts on “Tagged for charity by Justin”
thanks for passing it on, Donncha!
it would really suck if Google did penalise it, although I could see how their algorithms would make that mistake 🙁