On January 20th I’ll be speaking at BarCamp South East on the subject of WordPress.com and WordPress MU. The talk is titled, “WordPress.com – running the biggest wpmu site in the world” which is vague enough that I could talk about anything but I’d like to know what you want to hear.
Public speaking isn’t my strong point, I prefer to be behind the keyboard, or looking through a camera lens but sometimes you have to push yourself to do unfamiliar things. Here’s my go at public speaking.
Talks will be in 45 minute slots and I would like to make mine more of a discussion forum like the WPMU talk we had at WordCamp way back in August last year. It went really well and everyone got something out of it.
Subjects I’m considering include:
- Merging code from WP core which is horribly exciting, have you ever seen vimdiff in action?
- Site stats – did you know we publish them?
- Hardware – server porn. How do we handle the load generated by Slashdots, Diggs, and almost 600,000 blogs?
- Hooks and plugins – new hooks in the signup process and wpmu admin backend.
- Anyone interested in working from home and virtual company issues? Automattic has employees in at least four countries.
So, if you’ll be there I want to hear from you. If you won’t, I still want to hear from you because I’m sure Bernie or someone will record the talk and put it up online.