Caught in mid-flight at the Lough, Cork
- Converted from RAW with gimp-ufraw
- Rotated and cropped a much larger image, this is why the extra mega pixels are handy!
- Cleanup with Dcam noise, sharpen with unsharp mask.
- Colour adjustment with colour mixer.
- Resize and unsharp mask again.
- Duplicate Layer. Bottom layer is blurred with a radius of 15 pixels, and brightened significantly.
- Set layer mode of top layer to “Overlay” to give the soft light/starry light effect.
9 thoughts on “Flight Over Water”
Donncha, I love it. I can’t identify the bloody thing, though. It might be a duck, but I’m not sure.
Fantastic photo Donncha. Looks like it should be a poster or something.
Thanks guys! The bird was sitting on the lake wall and I surprised it when we walked by. He flew into the air and quick as I could I snapped this shot!
Donncha, I love the picture. I live on the water and my favorite time of the day is the afternoons when all the pelicans come to our pier and sit. Nothing to me is more peaceful than to watch the birds come and go as the sun is setting. This picture reminded me of home! thanks!
This looks delightful! Wish I had the time to learn all of this. Great Job!
Great pic Donncha. it’s a coot btw
Sunlight is so softly!
This is beautiful! Has a dreamy effect to it as well.
Awsum photo work, you have my vote.