Here’s another minor release, but with a few changes:
- Installer is slightly friendlier.
- I added code to detect incorrect permissions on directories and files left over after the install – instructions included on fixing!
- Themes support revamped – 10 themes are packaged in a seperate package.
- Updates to the WordPress core. Some to fix the XSS holes found a few days ago.
StaticPage support. Create a staticpage via Options->Pages and call it by adding
/pages/namewhere “name” is the name of your page.
- Other stuff, minor bugs..
Download it from here: http://mu.wordpress.org/download/
From a question in the comments on adding new blogs, here’s how to do it:
1. Say your new blog will be called “test”, create a directory in wp-inst/wp-blogs/ called test. Fill that directory with the follow directories: templates, template_c, smartycache. All should be writeable by the webserver. Also copy the wp-config.php from ../main/ and customize to your needs (ie. the database table prefix should be changed to “wp_test_”)
2. Create a symlink to that “test” directory in the “blogs” directory that’s in the same directory as wp-inst. (I need to remove this requirement real soon!)
3. Open up http://yourhost/path/test/wp-admin/install.php to configure and setup the database.
4. You’ll probably have to compare the “options” tables of the new blog and your “main” blog as some entries there will have to be updated.