How to view uuencoded attachments in Kmail:
- Download and install UUDeview.
- In Kmail, click on Settings, Configure Filters and create a new filter.
- Set up the filter to watch for a message that contains begin 664.
- Under Filter Options, select pipe through and in the text box add
tee temp/msg.txt; /usr/local/bin/xdeview temp/msg.txt ; rm -f temp/msg.txt
- Under Advanced Options/Apply this filter unselect the option, to incoming messages, but make sure on manual filtering is on.
- Click OK
- Create a directory called temp in your home directory.
Anytime you get an email with uuencoded attachements simply select the message and press CTRL-J and a nice TCL dialog box will appear allowing you to save the attachements.
I might just use uudeview to automatically save the attached files to a directory and then open a file manager in that directory.
2 thoughts on “How to view uuencoded attachme …”
for me it is 644 not 664 ?
Set up the filter to watch for a message that contains begin 664
Yes is 644.