So much to say but not today.
Some photography links and discussions:
- Apparently, the digital zoom on the Sony 717 is better than zooming and cropping in Photoshop!
- Don’t you hate shutter lag and autofocus time? They’re annoying, but at least the autofocus and exposure setup time for an action shot can be removed by pre-focusing. Unfortunately you’re still left with shutter lag. Here’s a long discussion about this issue.
- I read with interest an article by David Mc Williams in the SB Post last Sunday. In it he proposed that paying a mortgage is dead money, not paying rent. Yes, that’s sure to get up people’s noses!
- Keith Barry caught a bullet in his teeth on television in front of a crowd. Amazing illusion, however he did it. Never mind the dodgy looking site, navigate in. They’ve a recording of his appearance on the Late Late which is probably worth downloading just to see Pat Kenny have the sh*t frightened out of him!
- Film Degrain – a plugin for the Gimp. I tried this on one image and it worked quite well. It did make details a bit softer though so examine the photo carefully.
- I got 50 digital images printed by Spectra Photo in town. It only cost me €9.50 for 6×4 prints. Quality is very good and I’ll get more printed there as it’s a quick overnight service! (and a dial-up line can’t compete with the bandwidth of a CD dropped into a shop!)
Damn, typing html links on a keyboard with broken left shitft and ctrl keys is really awkward!
Later … I thought something was wrong. I counted the photographs I had printed and only 39 were there. The first 10 on the CD hadn’t been printed! (I had burned 49 images.. ls -l|wc -l counts an extra line at the top of the ‘ls’ output) I can’t wait to hear what excuse they give for this! *mutter*