WP Super Cache is a full page caching plugin for WordPress that makes your website run much faster!
Version 0.9.9.8 has been released and has a number of bug fixes and changes including:
- CDN updates: it can be switched off. Multiple CNAMEs can be used for serving static content to improve performance.
- Uninstall process improved. Files that the plugin creates are removed, and the wp-config.php and .htaccess files are fixed. If the plugin can’t do any of these steps it will display a message explaining what to do.
- Cached dynamic pages can now be stored in Supercache files and compressed. No need to use legacy caching any more.
- 1and1 Webhosting fix. They use “/kunden/” in some of their paths but not others.
- I removed the “log by email” functionality as it caused problems for users who were inundated by email.
- Many more minor fixes and changes.
The old uninstall process has been completely revamped. Now all you need to do is deactivate it on the plugins page. It will then remove wp-cache-config.php and advanced-cache.php. It will also remove the extra code it added to wp-config.php and the .htaccess file. On the off chance it can’t remove those files it will print a helpful message asking you to fix the problem. Unfortunately this class of plugin (full page caching plugins) are by design more complicated than regular plugins and are more invasive.
Got a problem with the plugin? Use the support forum please. Support queries posted here may be ignored or deleted.