I’m a big fan of the Sunday Times – there’s just so much in there! Here’s a few snippets that’ll probably only be available for the next few days..
- Jeremy Clarkson: Let’s brand our man’s army – soldiers wearing sponsor’s badges? Marlboro logos on the Red Devils?
I’m not suggesting that a soldier should be made to wade into battle looking like a Formula One racing driver, but there is a happy medium. I’m thinking as a guide of the discreet but effective logos allowed at Wimbledon; a little patch on the epaulet that lets the watching TV cameras know that the wearer drives an Audi.
- Andrew Sullivan: So long Kerry, you look like the ultimate loser – the election was “his to lose” a few weeks back but things aren’t looking all that great for Kerry now. Hmm, I really should cover the (maybe) Irish Presidential election, if it happens!
- Revealed: the secret of Tesco’s ‘phoney’ price war – surprised? Not really, although if you avoid the best selling stuff you can pick up bargains!
- Idea of the week: Spotme – vibrator tells you when you’re near someone you want to meet? oooer! I can see lots of smiling faces at the conferences..
- Ireland: The myths that cost you money – 5 pages of ’em!
SSIAs are the best savings vehicle
Special savings investment accounts (SSIAs) are attractive given the government bonus of 25% in addition to the favourable tax treatment. However, says Duggan, there is a better savings vehicle that has been available in Ireland for years – pension schemes.
- Low cost loans – shop around, it’ll save you money!
- Confessions of a tourist: Someone for the weekend – hehe. these stories are always good! 🙂
- Innovation: Colour up with the chameleon car – paint that changes colour, from anything to anything. Black to Silver, Red to Yellow! Here’s the Trippin’ Paint website with photos!
- Comment: Brenda Power: We’ve gone potty over prisoners’ rights – a number of prisoners in Irish prisons are suing the government because they have to slop out. Evidence suggests that they’re treated very well, and the appropriate minister has vowed to fight every single action.
And lots, lots more to read..